Sunday 24 March 2013

Recycling

I really wanted to post something sooner but didn't get time as usual...I am not very technical and it probably takes me twice as long to do this because I don't know what I`m doing....practice makes perfect!

I went to the NEC on Friday to the craft show. I go twice a year with my Mum and her friend to stock up on supplies. We had a fab day and after the card making spend up we had a look around the sewing section for the first time...WOW..Saw some gorgeous fabrics and got loads of inspiration. I am hoping to post about my stash and then hopefully some makes that I have done.

This project was an idea I got from Pinterest...again!!!!..
My Hubbys old faithful Abercrombie sweat top that he has had forever.
It had finally seen its last wear as it had a hole on the neck line.....so I decided to make it into a a cushion. I made a simple envelope cover for it and used the label as a feature.
I started by cutting off the arms and cutting it to make a 45cmx45cm cover. I hemmed both short ends then folded to make the cover. I appliqued the label to the front of the cushion then machined the side seams together. 
 
 
I am really happy with the finished product and my Son loves it for on his bed. Even better because it cost me nothing!!!!!
 

No comments: